Divi Theme WordPress Help
If any of you are experiencing issues with the new WordPress 4.5 upgrade, we are here with Divi theme WordPress help!
We recently were about to complete a new client’s site using Elegant Theme’s Divi theme, when WordPress automatically upgrade to version 4.5, and we noticed that all of the images on the site just disappeared.
After a slight moment of panic and searching on the Elegant Themes forum for help to no avail (I am sure there will be), we thought about simply reverting back to an old version of WordPress as a solution.
We tried it and it worked pretty easily. So basically, whether this is a permanent or a temporary fix until Elegant Themes/Divi provides us with a fix, what you want to do is revert back, or downgrade, your WordPress theme to the previous version you had. Back to the good old days when your site was working fine!
In order to downgrade to a previous version of WordPress, follow these steps:
- Go to https://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/
- Download the previous WordPress version from which you just updated to
- Go into your file directory through FTP and make a copy of your root directory minus the wp contents folder
- Delete the WP Admin and WP Includes folders
- Now copy the previous version of WordPress (that you just downloaded and extracted) to the root directory, minus the WP contents folder
- Go to your home URL and you will see a WordPress page saying upgrade WordPress database, click this button, then you will see upgrade complete, click continue
- You now should be back to your previous WordPress version
- Download https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/disable-wordpress-updates/
You should be all set!
Have you been experiencing an issue with Divi and the WordPress 4.5 upgrade? Have you found any other solutions? We would love to hear what everyone else is experiencing.